Call now: +44 (0)1233 740574 or
Where do we normally work?
Our normal area of operations is in the South East and Channel Islands but for larger contracts we will undertake work beyond this area.
Trevor May Contractors Ltd are tennis court contractors with experience dating back to the early days of modern tennis court construction.
Tennis is unique in that it can be played on a wide range of different tennis court playing surfaces, each constructed with slightly different playing characteristics affecting ball bounce, the surface speed, foot grip and comfort. We offer the following surfaces:
- Ace® tennis courts built using porous macadam, usually with a colour sprayed finish.
- Artificial Grass Tennis Courts from EDEL® tennis courts installed using artificial grass (a range to suit your needs).
- Proflex® impervious acrylic tennis courts.
- Poraflex® porous range of cushioned or un-cushioned tennis court surfaces.
- Advantage Redcourt® - a synthetic clay tennis court.
- Tennis Court Fencing - a comprehensive range of tennis court fencing options.
- Tennis Court Accessories - nets, windbreaks, umpire chairs, ball machines, litter bins and foot cleaning.
- Tennis Court Maintenance - proven to extend the useful life of a tennis court, we provide effective maintenance serives and machinery.
Court dimensions for a single court
Tennis courts are constructed to the following dimensions:
Full size: 36.57 x 18.28m, Minimum LTA club size tennis court: 34.75 x 17.07m
Domestic tennis court: 33.53 x 16.48m
The tennis court must be built in a single plane with a maximum fall of 1 :100 (1 :120 preferred)
On sloping sites, additional space will be needed around the tennis court, or retaining structures. It is good practice to maintain a flat margin outside the court enclosure fence, ideally slightly lower than the playing surface, to aid drainage and provide a zone that can be treated periodically with weed killer to prevent weed encroachment onto or under the tennis court.
+44 (0)1233 740574
Do we provide warranties?
All work undertaken is covered by a warranty.